Features begone!

I found a very interesting article in Drupal News entitled Split up your features in Drupal 7 written by Colan Schwartz. I won't get into too much detail here, but it all concludes to Comment #52 of a Drupal issue from RaF describing the following:


  1. Export everything you want in the database using CTools Bulk Exporter (admin/structure/bulk-export). Put the module it generates into your modules folder (eg. my_exports_module)
  2. Disable the features containing the objects you just exported
  3. Enable the module CTools Bulk Exporter created for you
  4. Download Drush CTools Export Bonus & enable it
  5. Run the following drush command: drush cbsa my_exports_module
  6. Disable my_exports_module
Make sure you read the rest of the article too because it is really explanatory.

Comments

Popular Posts